School Notice Board
Our admissions policy is now available for 2017-2018. Please click the link below.
Bletchingdon Primary school now has a dog called Tia! See the risk assesment on the link below.
2016 - 2017 Term Dates
Easter Service at St Giles
Eggstravaganza and Bonnet Parade
Spring term finishes at 1.30pm
Summer term starts
Service to Others
In our school we always think of how we can serve and help others. Older pupils are House Captains and Vice Captains, librarians and buddies for younger pupils and our School council meet regularly to support school leadership and improvement. Our Year 5/6 school council members work alongside their Woodstock Partnership Pupil Parliament Peers to raise funds for both local and national charities.
The School Council decide on a range of charities to support over the course of the year and plan events for the whole school. Some of the charities we have supported have included:
- Alongside our local church, our harvest appeal supported The Bicester Food Bank.
- As part of our remembrance focus we raised nearly £70 in poppy sales for The Royal British Legion.
- Children in Need – raised £257.00
- Nasio Trust – raised £150.00 from our Sportathon for d-lights. We have also donated school coats and stationary packs
- Child in Need - raised £346.11 during our act like a hero day.
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance – raised over £400.00
In addition to supporting charities, our Year 5/6 class visit ‘Heathfield’, a care home near Bletchingdon supporting individuals with nursing, residential and dementia care needs. We have performed poetry and extracts from Macbeth, sung Christmas carols and presented them with art work which is displayed in their day room.