School Notice Board
Parent and Foundation Governor Vacancies
Our admissions policy is now available for 2017-2018. Please click the link below.
Tia's Risk Assessment
2017 - 2018 Term Dates
School Menu Autumn 2017
22-26.1.18 Whole School
'Around the World'
25.1.18 Yr 5's Partnership
26.1.18 Day of Dance with Keeva
Followed by WHOLE School Performance
7.2.18 YR & Y6
Heights & Weights
(Further details to follow)
12-16.2.18 HALF TERM
19.2.18 INSET School Closed to pupils
1.3.18 World Book Day
27-28.3.18 Parent-Teacher Metings
28or29.3.18 Easter Bonnet Parade &
28or29.3.18 Easter Service TBC
29.3.18 Break up at 1:30pm
16.4.18 Summer Term begins
Service to Others
In our school we always think of how we can serve and help others. Older pupils are House Captains and Vice Captains, librarians and buddies for younger pupils and our School council meet regularly to support school leadership and improvement. Our Year 5/6 school council members work alongside their Woodstock Partnership Pupil Parliament Peers to raise funds for both local and national charities.
The School Council decide on a range of charities to support over the course of the year and plan events for the whole school. Some of the charities we have supported have included:
- Alongside our local church, our harvest appeal supported The Bicester Food Bank.
- As part of our remembrance focus we raised nearly £70 in poppy sales for The Royal British Legion.
- Children in Need – raised £257.00
- Nasio Trust – raised £150.00 from our Sportathon for d-lights. We have also donated school coats and stationary packs
- Child in Need - raised £346.11 during our act like a hero day.
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance – raised over £400.00
In addition to supporting charities, our Year 5/6 class visit ‘Heathfield’, a care home near Bletchingdon supporting individuals with nursing, residential and dementia care needs. We have performed poetry and extracts from Macbeth, sung Christmas carols and presented them with art work which is displayed in their day room.